Dan Pink on the State of Free Agent Nation in 2015 (And Beyond)
In 1997, a young man quit his job to become a writer. In January 1998, an article he wrote entitled “Free Agent Nation” appeared in a young magazine called Fast Company, and a career was launched.
That article proved viable demand and led to a book deal. The interesting intersection here is that another young man who had quit his job to become a writer was featured in the book version of Free Agent Nation, and that young man was Brian Clark.
Oh yeah … the first guy’s name is Daniel Pink. He’s written five provocative books, including three long-running New York Times bestsellers: A Whole New Mind, Drive, and To Sell is Human.
So, there was no other choice for Brian’s first guest on Unemployable. Fortunately, Dan said yes.
In this episode of Unemployable with Brian Clark, Dan Pink and Brian discuss:
- The current state of free agent nation
- Why free agency is a privilege for the talented
- How the predictions Dan made in A Whole New Mind benefit you
- Why the threat of job extinction may be overblown
- Why “selling yourself” is not sleazy if done correctly
The post Dan Pink on the State of Free Agent Nation in 2015 (And Beyond) appeared first on Copyblogger.
Source: CopyBlogger News Feed